What Is Vacuum Casting?
Vacuum casting also named silicone molding as it use silicone to make molds
from plastic master patterns of your CAD design .It is a casting process for
elastomers using a vacuum to draw the liquid PU material into the silicone
mold and doing casting. It is differ from injection molding as its mold life is
short and the molds cannot make copies with much undercuts.
Specially used for making Rapid prototype and small batch copy process, widely used for injection product proofing preview.
Why Choose Vacuum Casting?
1. Low-cost for silicone molds
2. Competitive for low volume parts
3. Fast production,depending on the size of the part (45 minutes - 4 hours per piece)
4. Variety of PU resin materials are available
5. High quality surface finishing
6. Suitable for rapid prototype, consumer electronics, sports equipment, toys, etc
Vacuum Casting Materials:
PU, ABS(PU8150/PU8158), Rubber, PC, POM, PP, PA, PMMA
Rubber hardness: Shore A 40-90